Setup OpenVPN on MacOS
1. Install Tunnelblick OpenVPN client for Mac OS
- Skip to 2. if already installed.
Install Tunnelblick: Download stable version from Homepage Tunnelblick home https://tunnelblick.net/ and install
Upon first launch Tunnelblicks asks for required privileges, click OK
On the initial start you might see the Welcome to Tunnelblick dialog, click "I have configuration files" (if you are asked)...
2. Download OpenVPN config file from ZenMate dashboard
- Choose `Linux` in Dialog
3. Import config to Tunnelblick
- Unzip the config downloaded from dashboard using Finder
- Should see two files. Drag the ovpn config file named `ZenMate-macos-XX.ovpn` into the Configurations window of Tunnelblick.
- Tunnelblick will prompt whether to install for all users, click Only Me
- Grant Permission for Tunnelblick to install a OpenVPN configuration
- Disable down-root plugin
4. Click Connect. The following Dialog should appear briefly